SHADING, ILLUMINATION AND RENDER


This part is done entirely in XSI and I must say it is the most rewarding because it is
where you begin to solidify and enhance the results of the work, which I enjoyed very
much. For the skin shader I used the FastSkin after obtaining the textures in Photoshop. Layer
“diffuse” is the texture as you have painted, “epidermal” gives texture Desaturation and
“subdermal” saturating it. “Back to scatter weight” is a black and white texture which indicate where the white color is more pronounced the translucent effect of subsurface scattering, in this case, ears and nose. All other materials are “phong with values adjusted to speculate.
In the area of illumination light used for soft shadows. I wanted the left side
had a bluish hue and in right a yellow hue, as they are complementary colors
and composition tend to give very nice results. Configured to render an image at a resolution of
1920x1080 pixels, and the lowest possible aliasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment